Staff Accountant - Finance Industry
How would you like to get into a fast-growing vertical of the finance industry? Smart Step Funding LLC (Smart Step) is a cutting-edge specialty finance company offering working capital to small businesses across the U.S. We are actively seeking a full time Staff Account to join our privately held company in Jersey City, NJ. The ideal candidate should be comfortable in upholding compliance with financial policies and procedures, flexible in approach, and confident to ask for advice and guidance from the Comptroller.
- Enter and pay account payable invoices
- Prepare and post journal entries for multiple entities
- Review and analyze Accounts Payable aging report monthly
- Post Collections
- Meet monthly reporting deadlines and aid with month-end close
- Assist with account reconciliations for GL
- Perform bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Process funding
- Assist with other ad hoc projects assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- 1-2 Years accounting experience
- Solid understanding of accounting best practices and GAAP
- Exceptional Excel Skills
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid work ethic, with demonstrated commitment to achieving results
- Strong time management & ability to direct their own work without constant supervision
- Ability to understand our product (basic math and features)
About Smart Step Funding
Smart Step is a leader in providing alternative financing solutions for small businesses across the United States. We are experts at correctly assessing and managing credit risk. Our work environment is dynamic and entrepreneurial. In addition to providing competitive compensation and benefits, we believe in giving every employee the opportunity to expand and deepen their skillset. Smart Step has a diverse employee base and values the richness of culture and thought that come from this. We seek talented, high energy employees to join us.